Local Yoga Studios:
- StillButterfly – Martha’s yoga style is a classical style of Hatha Yoga that uses asana (postures) and pranayama (breath work) to awaken, experience, and begin to control the subtle energies within oneself, especially the energies of the chakras (energy centers within the alignment of the spine).
- HilltopYoga.com – Hilltop Yoga has three studios in mid-Michigan offering yoga for students of all levels – from beginner to advanced – including basics, slow flow, vinyasa, ashtanga, power, and pre-natal yoga. For nearly a decade, we have been proudly serving serving the greater Lansing area and surrounding communities. Hilltop Yoga’s acclaimed teacher training program is Yoga Alliance-approved and is the school that has trained those who operate other yoga studios in the surrounding area.
- Wendyoga.com – Wendy Yoga offers people in Greater Lansing Michigan yoga options that are convenient to their schedules. From yoga brought to the workplace to traditional studio classes to private sessions, Wendy Yoga can flex with you. Wendy’s Viniyoga training emphasizes teaching to the individual, even in a group setting. So whether you are a beginner or experienced, you get a yoga practice that is best for you.
Additional Yoga Resources:
- DoYogaWithMe.com – a free, constantly expanding resource of online yoga videos created by a passionate group of experienced instructors. Our yoga videos include classes, poses, breathing techniques and anatomy videos
- Yoga.About.Com – filled with postures, techniques and practices. Excellent place to start.
- How to Find the Right Style of Yoga for You– LifeHacker.com has a great article, looking at various styles of Yoga.
- AuraWellnessCenter.com – great teacher training resource with blog posts and forums.